Re: National Meet campgrounds

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 13:53:08 EDT

Jason Bleazard said:

> I've been leaning towards keeping the National Meet planning separate from
> the DML to avoid cluttering up this list, as I know that not everyone here
> will be able to make it. Maybe I'm worried about nothing, though. Does
> anyone else prefer to keep this separate, or is it just as well off to
> have it on the DML? Does it bother anyone to have this kind of stuff on
> the list?

I don't think it'll clutter up the list too much, and it's easier to just
post the stuff here. Let's keep it here until it becomes an issue.

> The unanimous opinion from the quick discussion at the BBQ seems to be in
> favor of Lone Duck (the smaller of the two). My impression was that the
> camp fires and breakfast were the big deciding factors, with the fact that
> Lone Duck is more up in the mountains with more trees also playing a part.

Definately. Like we talked about at the BBQ, we probably won't be spending
all that much time at the campground anyway, mostly to just goof off and sit
around a fire. Plus, heavily wooded areas are nice and shady so they'll be a
little cooler.

> There's a lot to be said
> for seeing a place in person, although my humble opinion is that Jim might
> be over-estimating the size of our group. It would be really cool to get
> 200 or so people out, but it's looking like we'll be doing good to hit 40.
> At any rate, take a look at his input, it's by far the best real
> information we have.

I think so too. Everyone is quick to jump on the bandwagon and when it comes
down to it there will probably only be a handful of others besides the "usual
suspects" that attend. It would be fantastic to get a large group though but
I just don't see it happening. 40 people would be terriffic though.

> In other words: don't sit back and be silent, or we'll assume you don't
> have an opinion. I want to hear your opinions, and the reasons for them.

This concludes my opinion.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com