Re: Mileage, Fuel, and MPG Figured for 05 BBQ

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 01:04:08 EDT

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Yikes! And here I thought I was getting gouged. The NY Thruway recently
> jacked up their tolls, and they charge extra for trailers. $1.90 each
> way. The one that really cheezed me was the I-190 going in to Buffalo. I
> think the regular price is $0.75, and when we pulled up he said it would
> be $1.25 because of the trailer. Fair enough, so I handed him the money.
> Then he looked at my money like it was made out of two-month-old mystery
> meat fridge leftovers (no, I didn't give him Canadian currency, I know
> better than that), and he announced that he had changed him mind and would
> now require $2.75 due to the *height* of the trailer. Being not in a mood
> to block traffic while arguing with this idiot, I just forked it over. He
> reminded me very much of the troll in that fairy tale who sits and guards
> the bridge.

http://www.illinoistollway.com/portal/page?_pageid=53,178775,53_178816&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

That lists the rates for the IL state tollway system. Basically - there
  is an IPASS rate (the old toll rates) and the non IPASS rates (the old
rates, doubled) for passenger cars,trucks, SUVs.

For semi's and anything hauling a trailor - there are seperate
cliassifications. with no discounds for IPASS. There are 6 toll plazas
between the IL border and Chicago on I-90. The one on the WIsc/IL
border is higher than the remaining 5. ($1.00 non IPASS, .50 cents
IPASS, and $2.85 for a twin axle trailor behind a truck - with the other
5 at .80 cents non-IPASS, .40 cents IPASS, and $2.25 twin axle trailor
behind a truck) Everyone got that?

It cost me $14.10 each way to get across roughly 80-some odd milesin
Illinois. By comparison it was $7.10 to cross all of Ohio each way, and
$4.60 to cross Indiana. Sheeesh....