Re: Mileage, Fuel, and MPG Figured for 05 BBQ

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 12:57:27 EDT

On Tue, August 2, 2005 12:12 am, Terrible Tom said:

> Number of fills ups: 13

Did you enjoy your mushroom treatment? (You know, where people keep you
in the dark, feed you crap, and hide things in your truck?) :-)

> Cost of tolls: $58.30

Yikes! And here I thought I was getting gouged. The NY Thruway recently
jacked up their tolls, and they charge extra for trailers. $1.90 each
way. The one that really cheezed me was the I-190 going in to Buffalo. I
think the regular price is $0.75, and when we pulled up he said it would
be $1.25 because of the trailer. Fair enough, so I handed him the money.
Then he looked at my money like it was made out of two-month-old mystery
meat fridge leftovers (no, I didn't give him Canadian currency, I know
better than that), and he announced that he had changed him mind and would
now require $2.75 due to the *height* of the trailer. Being not in a mood
to block traffic while arguing with this idiot, I just forked it over. He
reminded me very much of the troll in that fairy tale who sits and guards
the bridge.