Re: National Meet campgrounds

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 17:03:44 EDT

On Wed, August 3, 2005 1:53 pm, Josh Battles said:

> Definately. Like we talked about at the BBQ, we probably won't be
> spending
> all that much time at the campground anyway, mostly to just goof off and
> sit around a fire.

That's sort of how I'm looking at the campground, as a base from which to
launch in whatever direction we want to head each day. I know we spend a
lot of time at the BBQ just hanging around and goofing off, especially me.
 However, I can do that anywhere. If I'm driving all the way out to
Colorado, I want to see as much of it as possible. This means we'll need
to be out of bed before 10:00 in the morning :-).

> Plus, heavily wooded areas are nice and shady so they'll
> be a little cooler.

I'm sure the extra 1000 feet of elevation will help with that as well.
I'm hoping those of you in tents don't freeze at night. There isn't room
in our trailer for everyone.