Re: Excellent...

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 17:32:08 EDT

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:
: On Fri, August 5, 2005 12:54 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net said:
:>
:> Perhaps this will be more to your liking? :-)
:>
:> http://www.motorcities.com/photo/view/05FGL200515432G.jpeg/0/

: I might have known :-). So, how long before we see one of these at
: Steiger Acres? I think the mufflers have to go, though. What's the point
: of having a HEMI snow blower if it doesn't shatter windows?

   We've got one about 6' wide that hooks onto the three point hitch of
the John Deere and is powered by the tractor's PTO; I think I'll just
stick with that. :-) (diesel snowblower > HEMI snowblower) ;-)

: Seriously, it appears that the "What can you HEMI?" contest was officially
: sponsored by Chrysler, correct? Does this mean they were putting out
: do-it-yourself HEMI kits for people to use in their projects? I can't
: imagine they were letting people just hack apart new vehicles (not likely
: to be approved by the marketing department).

    IIRC, the way it worked was people submitted proposals for things
that it would be cool to put a HEMI in, Chrysler picked several finalists
and then actually built these items themselves. One winner was chosen
(I'm not exactly sure how) but that person got a free vehicle for their
idea.

: My question: where do I get a HEMI kit?

   I think you can buy 5.7 HEMI crate motors from Mopar Performance
now, in both carb'd and fuel injected versions. (Be prepared to pay
out the nose, but still, you can technically buy one...) :-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | '70 Barracuda, '90 Dakota Convertible, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota | | '96 Intruder, '96 Kolb FireFly, '99 Cherokee, '01 Ram 3500 | `----------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'