Almost a perfect weekend..(kinda long)

From: Bill Day (billday@otecom.net)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 10:21:38 EDT

Saturday started off a little slow, till I got up and wwas about to get ready
for work when the wife said I got good news, I got tickets for Brickyard!
WEll instant money discussion and between me sleeping through the race tec.
I called in.. sitting home bored we loaded the kid up Saturday night and
watched the new "Dukes of Hazzard" film.. not too bad. A little on the
hoakie side, and you have to get used the the dukes cussing, but the car
chases and jumps were even better then the series ever made them.
If you have one of them "local" cheap places where it cossts $3/ea to get in,
thats the place to watch it...
Well, after the show we headed toa friends house that lives about 20 minutes
closer to Indy and had tickets aaas well, and we could caravan up there,
mistake.. We wanted to leave the house by 7am, not get up at 8am! Well they
ended up getting ready to go by 9, those 2 hours were what we needed to avoid
the traffic.... that sucked.

Anyway we finally get a berak from her twit friend when we get to our seats,
abouta half mile down the front straight away from the finish line just at
pit road exit...

Seats were ok, and the Evernham drivers starts 2nd(Jeremy), 4th(Kasey), and
33rd(Bill). The start of the race looked like it was going to be an absolute
abomination the way Sadler smoked them all. Not 10 laps into and he was
going to stat lapping cars.. This is noramlly good, but Jeremy was about the
only car that had anything for him at this point.... then sadlers car went to
hell...

Lets put it this way from then on I could only here the in car from my scanner
and the roar of engines every 55 secs.
Kasey and jeremy were in top 5 90% of the day and top 10 100% in their
chargers. Kasey todok the lead a couple of times and on them last 20 or so
it was a battle with Kasey Kahne and Tony Stewart.. Well unfortunately
Kasey did not score his or Dodges second victory of the season, but did
manage to finish the race today and quite well, car was in good shape, all
the feners were in plaaced along with both bumpers... Cant say the same for
Jr. ;-)

Anwyay, 2 hrs to get out of Indy and start heading home which was 1 1/2 ride
plus the 1 hour we sat at Texas Roadhouse eating and drinking and talking
about the race, it was a good day...

(DAK Content) Did suprisingly well on gas. filled up before we left and after
we got home. Total mileage 205 miles between the drive there and sittign in
traffic and still averaged about 17mpg.

--

Bill Day

"A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he can give and ever wanted.." http://counter.li.org #384146 284016