trouble codes on a 98

From: Brian Fitchett (bfitchett@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 12:38:43 EDT

My "check engine" light came on the yesterday. Truck seems to be
running fine so I am not terribly concerned about it. I tried the
methods that have been suggested in the past with the key on-off thing
(3 and 10 and more), holding down the rest button... None of them seem
to work. I will go by AZ tonight and have them look, but it would be
nice to do it myself. Is there another way or is it just impossible on
the 98 for some reason? Could it be just an O2 sensor? They have never
been changed in ~65000 miles.

Brian
Black 98 CC V6