Re: ScanGauge & Ram Implosion Wing

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 12:52:09 EDT

On Tue, August 9, 2005 10:41 am, Zachary Burcham said:

> I can see one HUGE advantage over just calculating it on your own. You
> could do real-time on-the-fly changes to speed and other factors and see
> how they affect mpg

The factory trip computer on our 2001 has this feature. I'm not sure how
accurate it is in terms of real numbers, but it works well for relative
comparisons. It was amusing at first to watch it dip down to 2 MPG while
pulling our RV up hills, then I realized how much money that translates
to, got depressed, and just turned it off :-). Not that turning it off
saved us any money, but at least it spared me from thinking about it
constantly. I prefer to take that particular depression one big chunk at
a time instead of a steady constant stream.

It is a pretty cool feature, though.