Re: trouble codes on a 98

From: Brian Fitchett (bfitchett@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 10:57:17 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> Bob Tom wrote:
>

>> At 12:38 PM 8/9/05, you wrote:
>>
>>> Is there another way or is it just impossible on the 98
>>> for some reason?
>>

>> For 98s for some reason, only scanner :-(
>>
>> Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
>> '97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, 44RE auto., 4.56SG
>

> Yup.
> --
> MikeM
> '98 SAS Thing

Went by AZ last night, and they tried to check it, but it wouldnt
connect with their handy little scanner (WTF is up with that!?). Do all
AZ use the same scanners? Should I just try another and see what
happens? Does Kragen/Checker or Napa have the scanners also? Or should
I just suck it up and go to the dealer and pay an exhorbitant amount of
money to have them look at it? Any Ideas....

Brian