Re: alternatives to Mopar ignition stuff

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 07:48:07 EDT

At 09:39 PM 8/10/05, you wrote:
>I'm gonna' try to reroute the wires to try to prevent any arcing,
>but I also entertaining suggestions for wires and caps and rotors
>that may be of better quality. -miggity

I've been pleased with the Taylor Spiro Pro wires and
NAPA brass cap/rotor, Echlin. Visually, the NAPA and Accel ones
look identical but the part # for the rotor, which is listed on various Dodge
truck sites, doesn't fit the magnum distributor (?).

On the rewiring, try to keep #4 and #8 wires, and #5 and #7 wires one inch
apart with #5 not touching any part of the head. Also, keep the coil wire
one inch away from any of the plug wires. If you must cross any wires,
do so perpendicularily. HTH.

Bob Tom Ontario, Canada
97 Dakota CC Sport, na modded 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE w transgo, 4.56 SG,
      3000 stall converter, 4175 lb race weight, 13.76 @ 99.65