Failed CT emissions

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 20:39:52 EDT

Failed it twice with the Dak Vert. Not far off both times... the HC
level was only 12ppm over the limit (160ppm limit). NOx and CO were
well under the limits. I retarded the timing a bit and replaced a
questionable air switch solonoid (it was intermittantly turning my
check engine light on). With the second test, my HCs were 16ppm over
the limit. I even tried one of them superstitious fuel
system/emissions cleaner additive before the second test.

So my plans for the next re-test are to replace the O2 sensor, plug
wires, and plugs. Its about time for a tune-up anyway I suppose. What
else would you all suggest?

*Only 9 years to emissions exemption!*
Don
89 Dakota Convertibly 4x4