Re: Failed CT emissions

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 23:18:13 EDT

At 08:39 PM 8/11/05, you wrote:
>... the HC level was only 12ppm over the limit (160ppm limit)...
>With the second test, my HCs were 16ppm over
>the limit...my plans for the next re-test are to replace the O2 sensor,
>plug wires, and plugs... What else would you all suggest? Don

Do an oil and oil filter change.
Clean air filter or replace if quite old.
Check for vacuum leaks.
If possible, schedule a test time which will allow you to drive
on the highway for about 1/2 hour and arrive just before test time.
HTH.

Bob Tom Ontario, Canada
97 Dakota CC Sport, na modded 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE w transgo, 4.56 SG,
      3000 stall converter, 4175 lb race weight, 13.76 @ 99.65