RE: Rear Shock Bolt removal

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 10:03:17 EDT

>93's probably don't have the "tabbed" retainer nuts that later models
>do. You can get the shocks off - you just need to get an open end
>wrench up there and in place. Its difficult - but not impossible.

That's exactly what I've had to do with my '94. There are no tabs in my
case. It is possible to get a wrench in there without bed removal. I
made sure to use a six-point box stubby wrench to minimize the
possibility of rounding off a crusty nut. If I ever have to take off the
bed for fuel pump work, I'll be tack-welding those puppies to the frame.

tim