Re: Oil pan differences?

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 13:29:32 EDT

The main bearing diameter on the 360/5.9 is larger than the 318/5.2 main
bearing and this necessitated a larger rear main bearing cap and the resulting
change in the pan to accomodate it. I have heard that they consolidated this
difference with the magnum versions of the engines but do not know that for a
fact. Other than that all the truck pans are rear sumps and the car pans are
center sump so if you 2000 engine has a pan on it it should fit the 92 Dakota
OK.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4