Re: RE: Wanted: 265/65-17 Goodyear Wrangler RS-A OWL

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 17:58:04 EDT

"Joseph A. Orsini" <Joeman@gbonline.com> wrote:

: Jon,

: Just curious but what about the spare? Is the spare the same tire? My '99
: the spare is the same tire. Have the spare mounted on the rim with the bad
: tire and get a cheap replacement for the spare? Or do the Durango's have
: the space saver spares?

   That was our first thought, swap over the spare and buy a cheaper
tire to replace the spare, but unfortunately although the spare is a
full size tire, it is a blackwall instead of outlined white letters.
So it'd look kind've off. We might end up doing that anyway, maybe
use a grinder or razor to shave the letters on the other three tires
to make them blackwall too. (Another option is to have the other
three tires flipped over on the rims, since the inside is blackwall,
but at $12.50 per tire that's something we'd rather avoid if possible.)
I figured it'd be easier to find a used tire somewhere, but this is
not turning out to be the case since its a weird size.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | '70 Barracuda, '90 Dakota Convertible, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota | | '96 Intruder, '96 Kolb FireFly, '99 Cherokee, '01 Ram 3500 | `----------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'