RE: Re: RE: Re: Rebuild Won't Start

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 20:38:07 EDT

Well it still won't start. Fuel sync set properly on original distributor
installation and turned 180 degrees. Now I need to be sure it's set
properly before attempting further troubleshooting.
Is the only way to set TDC on compression stroke is to remove the valve
cover and watch the intake valve on #1 closing as it comes to TDC (I was
hoping for an easier way:)?
After that is set, what should I check for next?
Is the return line off the fuel rail the driver side port (maybe I have the
supply and return mixed up). There is fuel getting to the rails.
Should the spark plugs be wet with fuel after a starting attempt (they are
dry as a bone)? Bad injectors? I soaked them in carb cleaner during the
rebuild, perhaps I did more damage than good? I can see spark on removed
plugs.
Thanks,
James