Re: Re: Rebuild Won't Start

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 23:28:50 EDT

"James Calder" <jCalder3@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
: If I remove the return line from the fuel rail, gas will spit out for a
: couple seconds when the key is turned and pump comes on. It seems to me
: it's getting fuel and spark so maybe I messed up the injectors soaking them
: in carb cleaner. I powered the pump on to flush out the fuel line before I
: connected it to the rail but maybe they clogged from my "cleaning" process.

   You may be able to remove the 4 bolts holding the fuel rails down,
and leaving the injectors clipped into the rails, pull the whole deal
out of the intake manifold. Then, aim the injectors into a bucket or
something (just to contain the spray) and watch them while somebody
cranks the engine; might help to eliminate that particular variable.
Naturally, this is a potentially dangerous and/or stupid thing to do,
so no smoking and all that... ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | '70 Barracuda, '90 Dakota Convertible, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota | | '96 Intruder, '96 Kolb FireFly, '99 Cherokee, '01 Ram 3500 | `----------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'