Re: Dak feeling neglected, what can I do?

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 22:03:09 EDT

Barry Oliver said:

> Transmission shift kit - I would probably try to follow in Josh's
> footsteps here, I know he put alot of research into his setup and
> installer, and was really happy with the results.

I was happy with it at first but over time I'm more and more dissatisfied
with the build. I think it slips and half the time it doesn't shift the way
it's supposed to. Unfortunately they won't take it apart to check it because
it's not throwing any codes. That's the fault of the builder though not the
shift kit. The kit that they used is really amazing when the rest of the
trans comes together and really performs. It's made by a company called
Precision.

> Detail - again Josh is my inspiration here. Being white, my truck
> likely wouldn't show much improvement after a buncha wax and buffin, but
> it seems like a cool thing to do. To my knowledge, my truck has never
> been detailed - even when I bought it, they didn't detail it before I
> picked it up. I doubt the paint has ever seen wax. I also have a few
> dings here and there that might warrant a touch-up.

You can do it all by hand, there are lots of products out there that'll do
the job really well for you.

The forums at Autopia are a fantastic resource for people who do (for a
living) what you're looking to do, so there's plenty of information
available. Additionally, you can buy all the stuff you need from Autopia if
you can't find it locally.
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

--
- Josh