Re: Autolite Plugs! hehehe

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 16:07:53 EDT

Terrible Tom wrote:

> So I'm looking up new plugs for the 360, and I see th 5224's listed...
> not 3924s. Der - so before I went and posted to The List I figured I
> would hunt through the archives - heh I found lots of interesting
> posts... but none that told me why the 5224's were being used instead of
> 3924's.

Going to reply to my own post here - I kept looking in the archives and
I found this:

http://archives.dakota-truck.net/0010/6311.html

Quote:

"The 522? series is similar to the 392?, but has an extended tip that
puts the spark farther down in the chamber, which has an effect
similar to slightly advancing the ignition timing."

End Quote

Quote:

"RAM 4.7/5.2/5.9 V8 Magnum PLUGS

Champion RC12YC is the 1993-1998 factory installed plug.

Champion RC12LC4 is a longer projected nose plug used on some V8 Rams
since approximately 1998."

End Quote

I checked and the stock plug is listed as being the RC12LC4 kind. Now I
know that the extended tip design is what my engine uses from the
factory - but can anyone tell me *why* they changed over to the extended
tip design?

I think I am going to switch to a 5223 plug.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine