Re: Autolite Plugs! hehehe

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 16:31:27 EDT

On 8/22/05, Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> B1LLYW@aol.com wrote:
> > In a message dated 8/22/2005 3:51:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> > SilverEightynine@aol.com writes:
> >

> >>My gut is to go with 5223's - for whatever reason they are calling for
> >>the 522 family of plugs and not the 392 family, so I should stick with
> >>that right?
> >>

> > Go with the 3923's.
> >

> Why?

Because.

If you're getting some mild pinging, the 3923s should take care of it.
 If most of your driving doesn't get your engine up to full temp
before you're done, then stick with the X224s. The 592x has an
extended tip in comparison to the 392x, so it'll reduce the combustion
chamber volume slightly which *could* have the engine more prone to
ping, if I recall the discussions from years ago correctly.