Re: Lower a 4x4

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 10:15:31 EDT

Andy Levy said:

> Don't forget that the torsion bar "adjustment" to lower the front
> suspension will also mess with your spring rate horribly and
> negatively affect handling, suspension component life, etc.

Any kind of suspension adjustment (not just lowering) that alters the
geometry from stock will affect handling and suspension component life as
well.

> If you want to lower a 4x4, buy a 2WD chassis and swap over your
> drivetrain and body.

IMHO, if you want to lower a 4x4, buy a 2wd truck and sell your 4x4.

I don't know if they still offer it or if they offer it for our trucks, but
Belltech used to sell a 4wd lowering kit. I think it only got you about 1 or
2 inches lower all around... It might be worth looking into if you're really
that interested.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com