Re: Autolite Plugs! hehehe

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 11:07:43 EDT

The heat range of a plug rates how fast the center electrode will cool down.
They accomplish this by varying the depth inside the plug body at which the
ceramic insulator for the center electrode comes in contact with the body of
the plug. Cooler plugs contact sooner hotter plugs latter. If the plug
manufacturer has done the design correctly there should be no difference in the
detonation properties of a projected and non projected tip plug of the same
heat range.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4

--------