Re: Rhino your cell phone!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 14:42:44 EDT

Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:
: On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Jason Bleazard wrote:
:> I'm not entirely certain why you would want to do this, but it's good to
:> know it can be done.
:>
:> http://www.escapemyhead.com/2005/08/project-day-1-rhino-lining-small
:>
:> /me wonders who will be the first to respond with a hootus joke
:>
: okay, that's cool. I don't like how he called it Rhino Liner though, it's
: wonder coat, or whatever. no-name stuff. I guess Rhino has been
: Kleenexed now.

   Ya know, I was wondering about that! The texture seemed quite regular
and smooth, looked more like LineX than Rhino. IIRC, Rhino has big globules
of stuff in it, and the first thing that came to mind when I saw the subject
was that Rhino would be a pretty funky texture for something that small, and
that I'd go with something more smooth, myself. :-)

  BTW, as far as getting stuff like this, you can buy spray cans
of bedliner material at Wal-Mart. I used them to do my winch bumper
on the Ram. Its nowhere near as rough a texture as LineX though,
so if the purpose is for a better grip, you will probably be happier
with something else.

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | '70 Barracuda, '90 Dakota Convertible, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota | | '96 Intruder, '96 Kolb FireFly, '99 Cherokee, '01 Ram 3500 | `----------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'