Re: RE: window sticker quest.

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 10:00:11 EDT

Bryant, Craig said:

> My newly bought 2003 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 SLT Plus came with the original
> window sticker. Quote, "2003 Dakota Pickup 4WD 8 Cycl. 4.7L (287 CID),
> Multipoint Fuel Injection. 5-speed automatic trans. w/LOCKUP TORQUE
> CONVERTER.
>
> What's a lockup torque converter?

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/torque-converter.htm

And here's a little exerpt from the last page that breifly describes lockup.

[...] some cars have a torque converter with a lockup clutch. When the two
halves of the torque converter get up to speed, this clutch locks them
together, eliminating the slippage and improving efficiency. [...]

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com