Re: The joys of parenthood...

From: Rich Werning (rwerning@wi.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 15:38:07 EDT

""Josh Battles"" <josh.lists@omg-stfu.com> wrote in message
news:31723.66.73.245.4.1124978062.squirrel@webmail.omg-stfu.com...

> Rich: That sucks man, sorry to hear it. I had mine 6 months when I got
into
> a collision with it. I got the letter from Dodge congradulating me on
owning
> my truck for 6 months later that day. In the letter they said "we hope
> you've had a chance to test the durability of your new Dakota!" Well, I
sure
> tested it alright. Now you just have to help him buy his own car so the
dak
> will be safe.

Funny thing is, every vehicle I buy seems to get crashed to some extent
within the first 10k miles from when I bought it. The Dak is the 4th brand
new vehicle I've owned, and all of them got dinged before the 10k mark.

The Dak had 9,567 on in when Chad (my son) banged it. I was just thinking a
few days before how I finally broke my curse, that I was going to make it
past 10k before it got busted up. The fates heard my unspoken curse and
made it come thru. lol

My daughter is buying a new vehicle this week, and the 94 corolla (165k
miles) she's been driving will then become his to drive until he's 18. If
only my daughter had been a couple weeks more proactive in buying her Chevy
Tracker, the Dak would still be unsullied. hehe

- Rich