Re: Need opinions regarding fuel pump

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 10:15:32 EDT

At 09:30 AM 8/31/05, you wrote:
>It has to do with the prolonged load. The pump can keep up momentarily.
>Then possibly its warming up and slowing down.... TonyC

Thanks, Tony. Unfortunately, the reg. is nonadjustable on the '97.

I've been considering going through the expense of a new pump
(really costly up here in Ontario :-( ). I was looking for that type
of information. I just have to decide how much of a chance a new one
will operate at 49 psi at idle as opposed to my 45 psi.

It sure sounds like that might be the reason. The exhaust backfire started
just over 2 seasons ago but once in the blue moon, becoming more and
more frequent, especially this season.

Thanks again.

Bob