Re: DML Gas Prices

From: droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 15:12:07 EDT

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:41:44 -0400, Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com> wrote:

> At 09:08 PM 9/1/05, you wrote:
>> As far as taxes, compared to most other places in the world, the tax on
>> our gasoline is quite low. -Droo
>
> I would not consider around 50% for gov't taxes "quite low".
> And this 50% is AFTER all the private industries involved in producing
> and transporting the gas to gas stations, and the gas station owners
> themselves have made their profits.
>
> Bob

I don't know how you figure 50%. Maybe you are including the income tax
these companies pay on their profits. Certainly not what I was refering
too. Never-the-less, in places like Europe they are paying in 100's of
percent in tax. So yeah, 50% is alot lower than 300%.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota