Re: Working toward the Future... Was: Gas Prices

From: droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 15:10:07 EDT

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 03:06:05 -0400, Tom "Slick" North <prodog@swbell.net>
wrote:

> It's times like this that make me realize just how important the research
> that I'm doing in Grad School is...
>
> I'm working on a specific type of alternative fuel powered vehicles...
> Cryogenic Engines - an engine powered through the use of liquid nitrogen.
> There are three such vehicles in existence so far, the First was built
> here
> at the University of North Texas, and a second was built around the same
> time and the University of Washington. The third was built at the Kharkiv
> National Automobile and Transportation University in the Ukraine (the
> project lead had come to UNT to work on cryogenic engine research).
>
> My area of research is to find was to improve the efficiency of current
> cryogenic engine design... Hopefully, we will be able to get enough
> energy
> from the expansion of the liquid nitrogen (-196 deg C) to ambient
> temperature, so that we will no longer have to rely on fossil fuels...
>

> Best of luck to everyone... This is going to tough on us all.

Sounds inetersting. But how is liquid nitrogen manufacturered? Will it
really use less fossil fuels than current engines? This is the problem
with hydrogen and electrical engines. They all use fossil fuels as a
source. Doesn't really make the earth much cleaner by using them.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota