RE: DML Gas Prices

From: Garret Lewis (ladysmithgwl@1bigred.com)
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 09:31:24 EDT

Well, I think we as American's have contributed to the problem because many
times we look for the cheapest solution. So far, oil has been the cheapest
solution compared to other fuel alternatives. There isn't a whole lot of
engine converting necessary to start running renewable fuels in our current
vehicles. I've been running biodiesel (made from soy beans, renewable, grow
more) in my VW TDI Jett. About a year ago, it was about 50-75 cents more
per gallon than regular diesel. However, I bought some biodiesel last week
and it was about 30 cents LESS than regular diesel. For the gasoline side
of things there is ethanol (made with corn). I actually ran some ethanol
fuel back in the early 80's when there was a gas "crunch". So, I'm for
developing renewable fuels where we depend on ourselves and don't rely on
imports. But, like I said, these have been the higher cost alternatives;
so, may people haven't looked to the long term, they have just looked at the
short term and saw that it was going to cost more. Well, the long term
looks like it might be here and the cheap solution is now going to cost.

Just a few of my thoughts,
Garret
1997,cc,v8,4x4