Re: Operating Temps with the 4.7L

From: Robert Schultz (not_robert_schultz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 15:06:00 EDT

I've had my 2000 QC 4.7l for 150,000 km (100,000 miles) and in July I
overheated on a very hot day on the highway. Turns out that the rad had
plugged tubes. I was surprised as I've had vehicles longer without
issue, and I'd had the rad flushed and filled in early 2004 (which was a
bit on the long side I guess). I got a real shock when I found out new
rads are over $500 CDN with tax!

Of course now it runs nice and cool.

I'm wondering if yours is just not getting enough water through the rad?
Hope not.

Rob S.