Re: Wheel hub/bearing

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 09:11:16 EDT

Hey Bob, I'm not sure what you meant by "three sided flange" because I don't
know how different the hub assembly is on a 2000 but both my 88 and 96 have 4
bolts securing the hub onto the knuckle. I know that on both trucks when I've
removed them, it required a B.F.H. to pop them loose after I pulled the 4 bolts
and pushed the CV shaft in. But the 4 bolts are the only thing holding the hub
to the knuckle besides the hub nut on the CV shaft.

On another note: I finally started pulling mine apart this weekend to
evaluate/repair/replace/upgrade this year's BBQ Carnage.
http://www.walt-n-ingrid.com/images/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5621
http://www.walt-n-ingrid.com/images/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5623

When I spin the hub, there is one spot where it binds slightly but not enough
to prevent the hub from turning. I can hear a scraping noise in the area of
the CAD when I hit that spot. I'm pretty sure the break is either the axle
flange short shaft or the inner shaft just to the inside of the CAD. Hopefully
by this weekend I'll have the skid plates, torsion bars, control arms and axle
housing dropped.

Walt