Re: Wheel hub/bearing

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 23:34:03 EDT

Hey, Walt!

<snip> Hey Bob, I'm not sure what you meant by "three sided flange" because
I don't
know how different the hub assembly is on a 2000 but both my 88 and 96 have
4
 bolts securing the hub onto the knuckle<snip>

Gen III musta changed to three retaining bolts...I wore out my BFH & my body
& gave up...I had Susan drive er over to the local motorhead & I'll hafta
pay for it...When I reassembled everything I bet I could move the whole
whelll a QUARTER INCH! Bad bearing for sure!

<snip>
http://www.walt-n-ingrid.com/images/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5623.

I can see your 4 retaining bolts protruding thru the mounting flange...yours
is round, the DAKSY's is triangular...
Good luck on your repairs...Hope the Steigermud isn't too petrified! LOL

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/