Re: Q: Whats the very short 4" coolant hose from Manifold called?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 21:14:15 EDT

srp@cox.net wrote:
> That's your bypass hose (about $7 from your dealership)-- you'll need to unbolt your accessory bracket to get in and replace that. I include them with my M1 kits-- cause you don't want to have to go back in there to replace that later.
>
> Remove serp. belt, remove AC Unit (swing to passenger fender, remove your ALT... unbolt the accessory bracket-- it's right there. The factory clamps are pinch style-- so you might want to replace them too (especially on a 92). Keep in mind if that hose has failed/leaked-- check your upper and lower radiator hoses as well if you haven't previously replaced them.

I was going to change my thermostat, and went to look to see what it
would entail on the Magnum 360? Bloody hell! All that stuff has to get
unbolted to get to the thermostat and the bypass hose. I like my old
school V-belt style premagger srt up better....

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine