Re: Q: Whats the very short 4

From: sneezer@gmail.com
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 09:57:28 EDT

In article <432E10E7.5050800@aol.com>, SilverEightynine@aol.com (Terrible Tom)
writes:
> I was going to change my thermostat, and went to look to see what it
> would entail on the Magnum 360? Bloody hell! All that stuff has to get
> unbolted to get to the thermostat and the bypass hose. I like my old
> school V-belt style premagger srt up better....

It takes some jockeying but you can do it without removing everything. I have
never pulled off the alternator or anything else in order to get at it. I will
say that the first time you pull the t-stat out, grind off the tab on the
housing before you reassemble. It makes it much easier to remove it in the
future.

You can get the bypass hose at Autozone as well. They sell a molded one, other
stores just do a cut to fit. If you need to get several things consider
Rockauto.com. I have found they are worth ordering from if you have about
$30-40 worth of stuff to order.

Kevin
1992 CC 318 2wd