Re: Move over Winnabago....

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 10:22:56 EDT

In article <dgfc3v$hq3$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, sneezer@gmail.com writes:
> > > Yep, and they were looking for a 4 door option as well, which Dodge does
> not
> > > currently offer. Looks like they demonstrated the feasibility of the
> concept
> > on
> > > the Ram, then came to the conclusion that to be successful they needed
more
> > > room, both front and back, which required more weight.
> > >
> > > Kevin
> > > 1992 CC 318 2wd
> >
> > The Ram is available in a 4-door Quad Cab> >
>
> The Quad cab is just the shorty version though. The mega cab was introduced
> this year only. I think they wanted the option of both a quad cab and a crew
> cab. Until now Dodge did not have it.
>
> Kevin
> 1992 CC 318 2wd

I'm not talking the "BR" body style like my 2000 with the rear shorty suicide
doors. In 2002, the 1500 and 2003 the 2500 and 3500 went to a true 4-door cab.
 And while the rear doors are narrower than the front (a very similar design to
the Ford and GM 4-door models which also have narrower rear doors) and I do
agree the Dodge's rear doors are a hair narrower than the Ford and GM, it's
still classed as a crew cab with a full back seat. The mega cab just has an
extra 20 inches tacked on to the back of that (at the expense of bed space).
And while they made the rear doors are little wider than those of the quad cab,
the rear seat was only moved back about 6 inches and most of the extra cab
length went to providing behind the rear seat storage space.

Despite the semantics of it, the original statement was Dodge didn't off a
4-door model. They have since 2002/2003(not counting the "BR" body style which
is nothing more than an club cab with rear suicide doors).

Walt