RE: RE: RE: Re: The Dak is gone

From: Pindell, Tim (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 14:47:26 EDT

This may well be blasphemous to some, but every time I go to the
Nationals or the Carlisle show, I'm somewhat amazed that people bought
this stuff. Mopar could build a second-to-none bulletproof drive train
but the execution of the interior and bodywork was appalling. Of course,
they knew no better at the time they were built. With that many cars on
display at a big show, one can really see the changes in workmanship
over the years as Asian cars took up market share in the 70's. It is
truly amazing how far they have come, and how appealing the old cars
still are to most of us.

Tim

Snip

>I believe that competition makes our products better. Remember the
junk
>that Detroit once sold us? THEY had to change because Americans got
wise
>the quality of the Japanese cars but it made them better for it and it
made
>for better American cars as well.
>
>Rascal

Snip