Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: Re: The Dak is gone

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 15:25:03 EDT

On Mon, September 19, 2005 3:09 pm, Rick Barnes said:

> I know what you mean Tim. I am still amazed at things like the ball
> joint
> crap that we have on our Daks..and brake problems. I mean, geezz, they
> have
> made ball joints and brakes for like a hundred years..seems like that
> part would be a no brainer by now.

The executive thought process:

"If I make them use a cheaper part, and multiply the 42 cents saved per
part by the number of trucks produced in a year, then I get the amount of
money I've saved the company through 'good management', minus expected
costs in higher warranty repairs, is still a net savings, which equals a
big bonus for me."

No brainer, indeed.