Re: so long, and thanks for all the fish

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 15:26:06 EDT

Matt Brenneke said:

> Today is my last with my truck. It's been a good truck, never gave me
> any problems, always there when I need it, and takes miles like a
> champ. Unforunately, I just can't justify keeping it. I don't use it
> for hauling anything other than myself often enough to justify the
> $70-$100/week it eats in gas. And room it takes up the garage. And
> space on the road. Did I mention gas? So, I've decided to trade my
> loyal truck in for a 2004 Dodge Neon SXT. It's a bit of an econobox,
> but it's still a Dodge. The low-end acceleration is a lot better than
> my truck, and the gas mileage is supposed to be over twice what I'm
> getting out of my Dakota.

Sorry to hear that you're not going to be a dakota owner any longer. I've
been looking for a performance minded econobox recently as well but can't
really justify the purchase as I wouldn't be getting rid of my truck.

I've got a friend that had a 2002 neon sxt that was heavily modded and he got
almost 40mpg on the highway. He's got a brand new one now that's in the
process of being similarly modded.

And before I forget, awesome title and great book. Douglas Adams is one of
my favorite writers.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com