Re: so long, and thanks for all the fish

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 23:45:23 EDT

Josh Battles wrote:
> Matt Brenneke said:
>
>>Today is my last with my truck. It's been a good truck, never gave me
>>any problems, always there when I need it, and takes miles like a
>>champ. Unforunately, I just can't justify keeping it. I don't use it
>>for hauling anything other than myself often enough to justify the
>>$70-$100/week it eats in gas. And room it takes up the garage. And
>>space on the road. Did I mention gas? So, I've decided to trade my
>>loyal truck in for a 2004 Dodge Neon SXT. It's a bit of an econobox,
>>but it's still a Dodge. The low-end acceleration is a lot better than
>>my truck, and the gas mileage is supposed to be over twice what I'm
>>getting out of my Dakota.
>
> Sorry to hear that you're not going to be a dakota owner any longer. I've
> been looking for a performance minded econobox recently as well but can't
> really justify the purchase as I wouldn't be getting rid of my truck.

Ditto, although I haven't been thinking of anything that's entirely an
econobox. Same idea though.

I'd really just like something new. I don't care for the new Dakotas,
nor can I justify spending a large sum of money for another truck. I
used to tow a boat with my truck, which made it make a lot of sense.
Now it's just my daily driver (~12 miles a day). I still love it, but
it does make my small garage pretty cramped and it does eat a lot of
gas. But... with how little I drive, the gas savings would take a LONG
time to add up. And I'd have to make payments... Not something I want
to do.

So, I suspect I'll be driving my beloved truck on a daily basis for a
while longer. Unless I get a promotion and raise, in which case I'd buy
another car in a heartbeat (keeping my truck of course).

-Bill