Re: so long, and thanks for all the fish

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 00:32:19 EDT

Bill Pitz said:

> Josh Battles wrote:
>> Sorry to hear that you're not going to be a dakota owner any longer. I've
>> been looking for a performance minded econobox recently as well but can't
>> really justify the purchase as I wouldn't be getting rid of my truck.
>
> Ditto, although I haven't been thinking of anything that's entirely an
> econobox. Same idea though.

To tell you the truth I haven't really technically been thinking that way
either. I've been eyeballing the FC body RX7, S13, or an early 90's 3-series
(the 4 cyl preferably). Rear wheel drive, a manual trans, something that'll
get out of its own way, and get better mileage than my truck are my criteria
so that kinda limits my options. I like to kid myself into thinking that
they're econoboxes because they get better mileage than my Dak. (Well, maybe
not the RX7...)

> So, I suspect I'll be driving my beloved truck on a daily basis for a
> while longer. Unless I get a promotion and raise, in which case I'd buy
> another car in a heartbeat (keeping my truck of course).

Promotion + raise = EVO 9. ;)

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com