Re: Gas panic

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Sep 24 2005 - 18:10:00 EDT

On September 23, 2005 06:12 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Yep, a locking gas cap doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

We were able to order one for the 2001 from the Canadian Tire warehouse.
Their computer indicates that no store in the entire chain has any left that
will fit the '95. I'll have to try other stores.

> If
> you were feeling really industrious, maybe a slight modification to
> your filler neck to where you could quickly disconnect and reconnect
> it such that when you want to fill the tank, you connect it to the gas
> tank, but the rest of the time, its attached to a tank of salt water. ;-)

Good idea. Any suggestions how to set it up so there's no possibility of
accidental cross contamination?