Re: Gas panic

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 24 2005 - 22:35:18 EDT

Hey, Jason

<snip> Yep, a locking gas cap doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.
 We were able to order one for the 2001 from the Canadian Tire warehouse.
 Their computer indicates that no store in the entire chain has any left
that
 will fit the '95. I'll have to try other stores<snip>.

Another alternative (Department of redundancy department?)
Back in '73 -'74 -when I was in college - & the "FIRST" gas crunch occurred,
the tank in my '68 'Cuda was siphoned in the HVCC parking lot...I found a
product - sorta like a tapered coil spring that slid down inside the filler
pipe...
It went deep enuff that it did not interfere with pump nozzles & was small
enuff at the tapered end that a siphoning hose could not be inserted...
Can't remember what it was called, tho...
I do remember that once it was in, you'd hafta remove the filler pipe to get
it out...
Gotta be something like THAT still out there...
Good Luck in your search...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/