RE: Size DOES matter!

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 03:07:45 EDT

>From: Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net>
>Subject: Re: DML: Size DOES matter!
>
>And speaking of finishing projects, does anyone know what the deal is
>with the primer grey look that's so popular these days? Is it
>deliberate, or are all of these idiots running out of money halfway
>through their projects and just dreaming that one day they'll be able to
>take their car to a body shop and actually get it painted?

That's pretty much it. Besides, why buy paint, when you can buy more
NAWWWWS? The body kit is worth 30-40 HP, but paint is worth zilch (and
sometimes negative..extra weight!).

Honestly there is probably some good excuses why they're running around in
primer. Such as: Got a good deal on the parts but can't store them
anywhere; and when was the last time a project actually cost only what it
was projected to? And as much as I hate to admit it, some of those little
bastards are, in fact, fast. Some like the embarassment factor of beating
someone in a car that looks like it's worth a case of beer. Some actually
think it's cool..hey, whatever floats your boat, buddy; you're only
embarassing yourself, lol. Besides, laughing is good for you!

Heck, I'm sure some of the older members here are be guilty of driving
around a primered out Duster/Nova/Pinto/etc back in the day before they
became collectable..history repeats itself, but the execution isn't always
identical!

Travis
Sold the Dak for a Neon..miss it but saving mucho $$!