Re: Tranny Fluid

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Sun Oct 02 2005 - 20:33:11 EDT

>>would it be the x-fer case that
leaked - seeing as the leak is at the rear of the tranny? Could the noise
(hummmmmmm) that I'm hearing even BE the x-fer case if it's not engaged?
Desperately in need of answers, BUT, I WILL pull the drain plug on the x-fer
case just to check, I KNOW I've had it out for a fluid change, so I MUST
have a tool somewhere that fits...<<

Does the huummmmmmmm change pitch as you go faster? Does the hhuummmmmm
change pitch when the truck changes gears? If it's a steady sound that
doesn't change as you change gears, then it may be something in your rear
diff. If it changes pitch when you change gears, it may be tranny related.
Generally T-Cases don't hummmmmmmmm unless they are engaged, and you'd have
to be LLOOOOWW on fluid for that to happen. T-Cases usually clunk and make
other horrible noises. Have you cheked your hub bearings and CV joints?
Front U-joints, diff, and bearings? I'd hate to see you go through all the
trouble of f*ckin' with that T-case and it turn out to be something totally
different.

-miggity
2000 CC FR R/T
mods on the way....

14.88@92.5 mph

"... I'm a notch in your bedpost, but you're just a line in a song..."