Re: Chrysler Intrepid --> Maskalans

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 16:11:39 EDT

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Mr. Plow wrote:

> Those DRL's are probably a big giveaway that it was a Canadian car.

I was thinking the same thing - but they come on with the key, not "in
gear". I haven't tried the parking brake yet, but seeing as this is an
automatic transmission I would expect that if they were factory DRLs they
would turn off in Park. So it's sort of a bastard.... Chrysler badging
makes me think Canadian market, imperial cluster and hacked-in DRLs make
me think US market, while at the same time DRLs at all make me think
Canadian market....

Maybe after the wreck, the DRL module was damaged but the shop hotwired
DRLs for the insurance break. Wouldn't make sense since all new
sheetmetal (not junkyard) was used.... Will be interesting to see what
a VIN report says. If someone with a CarFax will run it for me I'd
appreciate it. Might let me know if the owner of record is the seller or
the insurance company, too.

> Does the dash look like it was pulled off at one point? Or maybe the gauge
> cluster doesn't look like it's fit quite perfectly like it came from the
> factory?

Only thing on the dash that looks funny is the passenger side airbag cover
- the edges are curled. If we ever get a bright sunshiney day here maybe
something else will stand out - I've only seen the car in the dark so far
=)

--
MikeM
I've got some Mopar junk, I'm cool =)