Re: Chrysler Intrepid was: Daktoberfest

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 16:13:56 EDT

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Yassar, you are/will be the owner of a Canadian born, marketed, and sold
> Intrepid.

are.

> There was one out here on the local Stealers lot last year -
> newer 2000 or so model. Your instrument cluster most likley is a junk
> yard swap from a US model, to swap the KPH speedo for a MPH. I would
> also highly suspect the odometer readings are inaccurate.

that's a good point. that'll be interesting to see. Though a shop did
some work on it after the deer totalled it, so if the cluster was swapped
then they probably set it correctly. but I don't have receipts from that
so I don't (and won't) know.

> And the DRLs
> are another major tip off. If that car is in the US market... it could
> very well be a salvage/repo/black titled car.

salvage. but it was totally by a deer abou 18 months ago 2 miles from
where I live, according to the seller. But who knows what the story was
before then.

--
MikeM