Re: Daktoberfest

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 11:23:38 EDT

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Michael Maskalans wrote:

> All rightey then. I'll batten down my hatches in preperation for not
> caring about packing tonight. Boy, that's gonna be *rough* =)
>
> Cya all Saturday =)

Boy am I glad I delayed departure. Did an oil change last night, that
went fine, dropped the skid plate, drained the ATF, pulled the filter, all
going smoothly... Fluid looked great, filter looked like crap, fine fine.
grabbed my new filter from the Dodge parts counter and said "wow, this
looks really different. I like this design a lot better!" put it on,
adjusted my kickdown band (it was only about 1/4" off!) and proceeded to
not have enough clearance to put the pan back on. By at least a quarter
inch. Shit.

So I have something to do on lunch today. I'm glad I have the RamCharger
to drive. (since of course the Intrep isn't licensed and also has a blown
rear brake line) The brand-y purchase is also finally coming through it
seems, so I'll have quite the parking lot! (guess I'm trying to catch up
to Jon - I just need a bike and an ultralight now!)

--
MikeM
'98 SAS Dakota