'99 Dak top speed?

From: Joseph A. Orsini (Joeman@gbonline.com)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 18:25:20 EDT

Hey guys,

        Got into a debate with some Olds guys and I was talking about the top end
of my Dak and what I think it could do if it was off the chip limit in terms
of top end. Mine is a 2wd '99 with the 318 5spd and 3.55 gears. The
handfull of times I have topped it out at 115 it was only pulling about 3300
RPM and still had lots of pull. I guesstimate with a slight drop kit and
hard cover or cap it would hit 140-150 easy but the nay sayers claim too
much areo drag to be pushed to these speeds. I of course disagree as my
truck is more areo than the older boxier ones. Thoughts? Opinions? Anyone
been on the salt flats with their Daks? Maybe that will be vacation next
year, a trip to see what the top end really is. What does Dodge claim with
the SRT 10 Ram? Is that like 180 or something? Am I crazy? (wait I know
the answer to that)

-Joe