OBD2 is ssslllllooooooowwwwwwww.....

From: Zito, James A \(GE Energy\) (james.zito@ps.ge.com)
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 11:32:24 EDT

Well my truck was acting up. It was kinda surging/stumbling when it would be between 1500-2000rpm and I was trying to accelerate. No MIL, take it out of gear it sounded smooth to the ear when gunning the engine. Based on those 2 data points was thinking oh hell maybe I am having clutch issues or maybe a cover plate bolt worked itself loose, long list of horrors came to mind.

Well I had to drive from MA to MD for work and it continued with the surging, until finally after about 500 miles with the issue (don't harsh on me for that but it was drivable and I figured if it was a clutch problem having the flywheel refaced would only be couple bucks compared to the cost of the other parts) the little orange engine block appeared on my dash.

Luckily with in 1 mile of that event I saw an Auto Zone sign so got it read #5 cylinder misfire, open hood find the wire had come loose, put it back on tight and AZ guy clears the code for me.

I am still amazed that it let me drive like that for so long before popping a code.

I am not used to a misfire not being audible though........

Jim
03 cc dak 3.9