Re: RE: Diesel oils vs Mobil 1 [was Filters, then Mobil 1]

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 20:34:58 EST

That's basically what any bit of reading I have ever done on using
synthetic diesel oil says is the case. Remember these oils are
designed to trap the high amounts of soot in a diesel engine. They
are going to remove quite a bit of buildup in the engine.

  Also remember, that due to the high compression of diesel engines,
and the fact that a diesel engine will burn a little oil in run-
through, these oils are designed to offer more protection. These oils
are typically, in synthetic form, designed to run for 10 to 15k
between oil changes. I would be curious to see an analysis after an
engine has gone through several oil changes using this oil.

No saying this is a miracle oil, just that I feel it offers far more
protection for a gasoline engine due to being over engineered for it.

Jeff Durling